Poetry is a Gift

One of my students, Kimberly, has this to say about her favorite poem.

This poem is also considered a prayer and is very special to me. My dear mother gave me a copy of this poem because she said it reminded her of me. I was facing a lot of challenges with friends and family members so it made perfect sense. However, this poem really represented my mom, because she lived her life with a warm, forgiving heart and was a wise, loving, kind, generous person. A few months after my mom gave this poem to me she passed away, and took most of my heart with her. I still have the poem and I will cherish it for the rest of my life. When you read this poem you cant help but relate to it on some level. People come and go in our lives, some leave disappointment and some leave a smile. But like this poem addresses, at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter what the circumstance, your life and your choices are between you and God. For me this poem represents love, choosing love and choosing to do the right thing. Although its not always easy, " I do it anyway."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name with your comment. Thank you!