Comedy: Golden Strands of Goo

I listen to a lot of comedy. I'm funny--I think--but I don't do "jokes." The idea of putting together a set, which people have encouraged me to do, seemed an impossibility. And then, I heard Phyllis Diller on Fresh Air. She talked about a premise and a tag and getting 12 laughs a minute. Of course, all of this I'd heard before in various forms, but somehow how the way she explained it it clicked.

Also, she used the word mellifluous:  flows like honey. How brilliant is that? Honey might be sweet, but it flows in thick strands and is sticky to the touch, ropey, gooey nectar. What a fantastic word.

Any woman who would do that to her hair for the sake of her art, well that's golden. And that gorgeous laugh!



See more of my 31 days posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name with your comment. Thank you!